Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Trojan Rabbit

.
Renaissance Faire 2012-06-02 37 (Trojan Rabbit)

IMHO, the second funniest movie in the history of cinema is Monty Python And The Holy Grail. (The first is Blazing Saddles. As Gene Wilder said in the film, what is a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? It's a question I have sometimes asked myself in the mirror since landing in STL.) Anyway, in one of Holy Grail's most famous scenes, King Arthur and his knights have been denied access to a French castle. They devise a trick to gain entrance. It is a variation on The Iliad's Trojan horse, but this one is a rabbit. The results are disastrous. At the Renaissance Faire its only purpose was amusement. I wonder how many people get the reference these days.

So put on your armor and scream Ni! at the heavens.

Renaissance Faire 2012-06-02 47

11 comments:

Olivier said...

j'adore (une superbe version du celebre cheval), une bonne note d'humour

cieldequimper said...

Now I'm going to have to watch them again.

(I have no clue what that bird is.)

Nic said...

I am glad somebody else rates Blazing Saddles as highly as I do because thus far everybody has argued with me about it. You know....Morons. ;)

Birdman said...

For Narnia!!!!!

VP said...

I love that movies and I would like to watch a Trojan rabbit at work...

Speedway said...

I'm with you Bob, Blazing Saddles and Monty Python and the Holy grail are two of the funniest movies EVER! I also like Young Frankenstein and Raising Arizona. There should be a little film festival somewhere where people could watch these films - a summer night on a lawn, popcorn, lemonade - sharing guffaws and knowing snickers with like-minded fans.

Stefan Jansson said...

Mel Brooks is a genius. As is Woody Allen.

William Kendall said...

"Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!"

I love that movie.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Classic! and totally hilarious, thanks for that Bob!

Pat said...

Love the photo and those movies as well. I have them both...and watch them from time to time; never tire!

Nathalie said...

Great Trojan rabbit ! Definitely worth a shot.