Sunday, June 10, 2012

Character Studies

.
Gypsy Caravan 2012-05-28 38

Church artifacts, nicknacks, beer souvenirs from the Gypsy Caravan.  That top one is so Catholic (and I have firsthand experience).  In the middle, some bit of publicity for Falstaff beer, once a great St. Louis brand now passed into history, featuring Sir John himself. The red-faced gentleman behind him may be Buster Keaton but I'm not sure. I think the doo-dad on the bottom is an egg cup. Would you pay $24 to have that staring at you under your soft-boiled?

Gypsy Caravan 2012-05-28 36

Gypsy Caravan 2012-05-28 37

8 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I don't think I would want a little face like in your bottom photo staring up at me first thing in the morning while I eat my eggs.

Halcyon said...

Interesting items. But I'd only want to see them in a shop, not my home. :)

Birdman said...

One man's meat is another man's poison. So true!

cieldequimper said...

Actually, I might give a few bob for that. Probably not 24 $ though. But it's the only thing here that's even remotely appealing to me!

Pat said...

I love to browse places like flea markets, thrift shops...I do need an egg cup here at my daughter's (who has NONE), but I'll pass on that one, if only for the price.

Virginia said...

Cute but I'll pass! LOL
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...

He's cute but not $24 cute. But this is a flea market. Make an offer.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I might have to haggle a little Bob, see if I could get it down a tad, but I do like him, I have quite a collection of unusual egg cups, can't resist them!