Friday, September 30, 2011

When The Music's Over

.
Dancing In The Street 10

People of my age may recognize today's title as the name of a song by The Doors, but that's not the point. I think we will wrap up the Dancing In The Streets pictures today. There are more to edit, which may show up on my Flickr pages (link at right) one of these days.

The top picture is my personal favorite of the set. I was standing on the ground at the edge of the stage while Quixotic Fusion, seen earlier this week, did its night set. Moral of the story: use fill flash. The bottom two are of a couple performing some hot Latin American numbers.

Lots to shoot this weekend. A new sculpture is being installed in Citygarden for the first time since it opened two years ago. The Scottish Games and Cultural Festival is tonight and tomorrow (actual cabre tossing!). The annual blessing of the animals is at the Episcopal cathedral Sunday (alpacas this year!). And I haven't even posted anything from the Hispanic Festival a couple of weeks ago. And, as noted yesterday, an edict has been issued that I shall go shoot at the Arch this weekend.

If idle hands are the devil's workshop then I must be a saint.

Dancing In The Street 28

Dancing In The Street 30

9 comments:

Lynette said...

Splendid series of photos. Thanks for sharing!

brattcat said...

Fabulous series, Bob!

Halcyon said...

I love the first shot. But all of your dance shots have been wonderful. Thanks for sharing this festival with us!

Choppography said...

Your last line is great, Bob. I was hoping to get to the Scottish Games this weekend, but alas, the wife has me taking kids to Eckert's. I look forward to what you post next week!

Chip

Regina K said...

Bob, I have enjoyed this series of dance photos. You've capture some fun dancers and also seriously fabulous dancers.

Jack said...

The top photo is one of the shots that makes it all worthwhile, isn't it?

Virginia said...

A great great series B. I loved em all.
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...

That first shot is amazing. Fabulous light.

Jilly said...

Adore that top photo. Beautiful light, composition, colours...