Saturday, September 24, 2011

Forest Park, Early Autumn Rain

.
Forest Park, Rain, 2011-09-18, 1

A quiet, cool afternoon with little traffic in the park. Soft rain falling around the pavilion on a small island in the network of waterways. Take a deep breath. The air smells good.

Lots to shoot today but tomorrow's post will probably go up late. We have the annual Dancing In The Street festival in and around the Grand Center arts district (example from a previous year here), an event that's always full of photo fodder. However, Mrs. C and I going to the symphony tonight so home kind of late. In the spring of 1973 a poor law student took a charming nurse to hear the SLSO perform Mahler's Symphony No. 1 on their first date. That's what's on this weekend. I wonder if she knew what she was getting into.

20 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful shot Bob, it has a timeless feel to it, soft gorgeous colours. I'm sure that charming nurse has loved every minute (well maybe not EVERY minute, that would be 'weird'!) spent with the poor law student. Enjoy the concert.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

This photo captures the mood as well as the scene.

Enjoy the symphony. Several years ago the Phoenix Symphony ran an ad campaign that tried to promote the theme of the concerts being a good place for a date. Traditionalists felt that the ads diverted the focus from the music.

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful post! Enjoy the symphony.

brattcat said...

this is just gorgeous, bob, and yes, mea culpa regarding 'preciousness'. guilty as charged, as usual.

Birdman said...

Stunning image. What colors! I'm sure it was a 'quick' learn for her. hahahaha

Speedway said...

I can only echo what others have said, "beautiful picture." I love the colors against the gray background. Serene.

William Kendall said...

Terrific photo, Bob. The lighting's just right, and that's such a great location. Very inspiring!

And Mahler's First is outstanding, of course....

Norma said...

This is one of the most beautiful photographs I've ever seen!

Intangible Hearts said...

Romantic.

Choppography said...

One of the better shots I've seen of this spot, Bob. I assume dabbling with HDR again? You do it very well.

Chip
http://throughmyeyes-choppography.blogspot.com/

Pat said...

Such colors...pale, yet vibrant. Reminds me of an old postcard.

Sharon said...

Oh wow, my favorite place in Forrest Park. I have a photo of this that I took though a car window that was steamy and rain spotted. I love that photo.

Bianca said...

Gorgeous photo. The hues are amazing.

Ming the Merciless said...

A perfect postcard photo, definitely.

Virginia said...

A work of art my friend.
V

Virginia said...

...and I think Mrs. C knew exactly what she was getting into. A match made in............ ;)
V

Nathalie H.D. said...

A true work of art indeed.
This is so inspiring.

I think Virginia above is right. Mrs C. probably knew exactly what she was getting into. And I bet she doesn't regret it.

Sharon Creech said...

This has a soft, tinted-photo look to it: beautiful.

Jilly said...

Sublime - great atmosphere.

Carraol said...

Painting with pixels, beautiful and delicate tonalities, great work!