Monday, September 5, 2011

Back Home, With Memories

.
Louvre 9 (Venus de Milo)

Back home last night with big time jet lag (and a broke-down air conditioning system). I went to bed shortly after arrival. It will take me a while to build up some new local material so we'll look at memories of the trip for a few days.

Here's a bit more from the Louvre. It's a challenge to shoot an iconic work like the Venus de Milo without doing the same old thing. I hope I succeeded. Below, a shot from the windows of the Louvre looking west toward the Arc de Triomph, the Grand Arc of La Defense and the office towers of the suburb.

By the way, there are a lot more trip photos on Flickr here.

From the Louvre to The Arc de Triomph to La Defense BW

10 comments:

Olivier said...

de belles photos, qui vont te faire de superbes souvenirs

Kate said...

What an amazing trip you had. Just checked all your Flickr photos too. Magnficient!

brattcat said...

welcome home! i hope your france-withdrawal isn't too severe.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Can't believe your trip is over already Bob, I'm sick for the weekend and come back to find you home!! Did that pass as quickly for you? Love all the holiday pictures, especially like Le Tour Eiffel rising in the background of Pere Lachaise, excellent. Hope you get over your jet lag soon, it's a 21 hour trip from Perth to Paris, that's serious jet lag haha!

Jack said...

I just looked at your Flickr stream, Bob. Quite a trip!

Virginia said...

I hate that you're home. I depended on your French fix every day. I"ll head over to FLickr to overdose there.
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oakland Daily Photo said...

Your trip has gone by fast. Welcome back. Onward to Flickr.

nathalie in Avignon said...

I love both your photos - great treatment for the first and fantastic view from the second. I had no idea you could get that view from the Louvre windows although it makes sense from a location point of view. Anyway, the combination of Arc de Triomphe and La Défense is fantastic (as well as the cluster of lower buildings on both sides) is absolutely fantastic. La Défense is the fruit of visionary city planning and it's a great success.

nathalie in Avignon said...

I'm back from your flickr series, I chuckled when I saw your photo of the new Gillette ad - I think it's fantastic and was thinking of doing a post about it. I am yet to take a photo of it though...