Friday, September 9, 2011

Excess In Monaco And A Night Out In Menton

.
Monte Carlo Harbor 1

New St. Looie material soon. Really. I'm shooting my first wedding tomorrow (ack!), a freebie for one of our firm's paralegals. I told the bride to expect to get what she pays for. We also have our biggest outdoor art fair this weekend. So STL stuff by Sunday, latest.

A few more trip photos, then. We spent an afternoon in Monaco, a short distance west of Menton. The mountain roads in and above the town are incomprehensible. Even with a GPS gizmo we got lost again and again. But talk about wretched excess. The first and second pictures are of the yacht harbor. Um, who else thinks there are moral issues with this?

But that evening we had a delightful dinner with our pal Jilly in Menton's old town. She was considering buying a wide angle lens so we started fooling around with mine. The remains of a Perrier bottle and what might have been a gin and tonic illustrate the effect. Further down, Mrs. C and Jilly by me, then Mrs. C and me by Jilly. At the bottom, a candy store just down the street that I was not patronizing while in France.

By the way, more and more trip images are going up on Flickr every day. The most recent ones appear on my home page.  The set of pix from the whole trip is here, sorted in the order they were taken, are here.

Monte Carlo Harbor 2

Playing With Wide Angle Lenses, Menton

Carolyn and Jilly, by Bob

Carolyn and Bob, by Jilly

Au Bonbon Du Far West

13 comments:

Virginia said...

Bises à vous trois! I love seeing you three, even virtually. I wish so much that I could have tagged along. I need some Bob Crowe Tech Help as well! B, it would scare you to death to learn first hand how little I know about a camera.
V

Olivier said...

Humm au bonbon du far-west ;o) la premiere photo est impressionnante avec toutes ces antennes des bateaux

nathalie (Avignon) said...

How lovely to see the elusive Carolyn here, both with you and with Jilly! I'm quite upset to think that I don't have a single photo of her - I should have offered to take a pic of the two of you in Avignon, I'm the dumbest gal ever.

Good luck with the wedding shoot on Saturday. I hope we'll get to see some of your work :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Great shots Bob, you really did have the best time by the looks of it! Good luck with the wedding tomorrow, I know my first I was a nervous wreck right up until I started 'snapping'!!

Carraol said...

Great images of your European trip with CDP colleagues, you all look vibrant and happy. Congratulations for such wonderful moments! Cheers

brattcat said...

love these.

Regina K said...

Wonderful to see you and wife having a splendid vacation

Sharon Creech said...

Love to see faces for the 3 of you. . .
Had similar harbor-excess thoughts while in Maine this summer. Those ultra-big yachts . . .oy.

Pat said...

What wonderful photos! Loved seeing you all. I think that Far West bonbon shop has some nougat I wouldn't mind eating...if that's what they are on the left, not sure.

Jilly said...

Reminds me I forgot to send you the photos I took of you and Carolyn on my camera - they will arrive shortly. These are such lovely memories of your visit here. Love to Carolyn.
And good luck with the wedding, Bob. It can only be perfectly done in your hands.

Kim said...

So super to share in these photos. You all look happy and relaxed. And there's our Jilly! That's a very nice shot of you and Carolyn.
-Kim

Unknown said...

I just love the composition on top. Well done!

Ming the Merciless said...

I'm so glad you got to meet Jilly, Olivier & Nathalie. Isn't the photo blogging a great way to meet cool people.