Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That's Entertainment

.
More from the Renaissance Faire. I was shooting from the side of the crowd with a telephoto and couldn't hear what the performer was saying. He had the crowd in stitches, though, particularly the kids. Don't ask me what happened to those balls.


The big photo competition at Studio Altius is tonight. The pictures I entered have all been on the blog. In order of appearance tonight they are April 4, May 29, May 10, May 31 and April 25. I'll let you know tomorrow what happened when we have the Thursday Arch Series.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

superbe l'expression ;o)) bravo pour la photo

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Yikes. Another scary photo from the Renaissance Fair. remind me not to go back to the 1400s in the Way Back machine.

Good luck in the photo competition. My fingers are crossed for you.

Pat said...

Ha, that's hilarious...

Kim said...

Got my fingers crossed for you, Bob. Can't wait to hear that you took win, place, AND show.

This guy is a little hard to look at for long. I keep getting the urge to do the Heimlich maneuver. :-).

BTW, your little cutie from yesterday was a scene stealer. That pose in her little outfit. . .very sweet! We had a family member who performed at Renaissance Fairs on the west coast and I have a photo of our nephew, now 35, at age 4 or 5 dressed in authentic courtier attire with doublet, and playing a hurdy gurdy that his father (a maker of early instruments) had made for him to scale (child size). Living history and people enjoying themselves.
-Kim

brattcat said...

Argh. I just typed in a comment only to have it vanish...I'll try again.
This guy has got one of those amazingly rubbery faces and you've caught it well. Good luck tonight. It must have been hard to choose four images out of all of your excellent photographs.

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha ha, what a face!