Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Returm Of Gratuitous Cuteness (for V.)

.
Haven't had any gratuitous cuteness for a while and it's about time to roll some out. These are from the Renaissance Faire. I rarely shoot babies, puppies, flowers and ocean sunsets (I'm usually going for irony) but I do sometimes. Well, not puppies. But who can resist cute little kids? Not even me. I'm 60 and don't have any grandchildren so this will have to do.

NOTE TO ST. LOUIS READERS: I've been doing an eight week photo competition at wonderful Studio Altius in Maplewood. Tomorrow night are the "playoffs," one-on-one, single elimination, "I like this photo not that photo" contests, set up just like the college basketball brackets. I'm going all-out. Drinks, chat and a rotating projection of the entries are from 6:30 to 7:15. Then the match-ups begin.

Anyone can come and vote. I'm working up a "Vote For Bob" claque. Admission is a six-pack of beer, some wine, $5 worth of snacks or the same amount in cash. If you want to see some good St. Louis photography and vote for Bob, come on over. E-mail me by Wednesday afternoon and I'll provide the beverage of your choice and send you images of my entries (so you know what to look for). First place is a solo show at this gallery, which would be really really great. Studio Altius is located at 3518 Greenwood Boulevard in Maplewood. Map here. Be there or be square.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

deux beaux petits anges, j'adore la pirate

Gunn said...

Beautiful and sweet models.
And superb colors/light in your photos!:)

brattcat said...

Aw, Bob, a little gratuitous cuteness now and then isn't the worst thing in the world. These portraits are wonderful and look, we still respect you in the morning.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Bob I hope the photo competition works out. You deserve it. I so wish I could be there to learn and practice the "vote for bob" claque :-)

Now for that top photo - why do I see her as a junior version of Jack Sparrow? That devil twinkle in her eye maybe...

Virginia said...

YOWZA, now you're talking my language! These two are so darn cute I'm throwing in the towel!!! I'm also grinning from ear to ear. You win the prize today. I hope you win tomorrow night too. I hate I'm missing a chance to vote for you and some Jack Daniels to boot. GO BOB GO!!!

T. Becque said...

Oh, we all can use a little cuteness from time to time! And these two are cute! Good luck with your competition!! Let us know how it goes for you.

Thérèse said...

Good luck with the photo competition!
I am discovering your blog.