Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Familiar Scene Through Different Eyes

.
After he saw
last Monday's post, I was contacted by Philip Hu, associate curator of Asian art at the St. Louis Art Museum. On every work day, he gets to walk by the museum's main entrance, overlooking the great statue of St. Louis and the slope of Art Hill. He stepped outside after a recent heavy thunderstorm and got some terrific shots of another kind of arch. This one really pulled me in and it is today's guest post with Hu's permission. I hope I get to meet him.


Hanging around somewhere between Worcester and Boston, Massachusetts today. Long drive up to Rockport, Maine, tomorrow to start my workshop in off-camera flash technique.

8 comments:

brattcat said...

A fine capture.

cieldequimper said...

Congratulations Mr Hu, it's a magnificent shot. I'm sure the king is happy.

Sharon said...

Beautiful shot. I'm so glad he shared it with you so you could share it with us.

Unknown said...

wonderful pic, real good compo, right moment on the right place!!

Virginia said...

Take a big bow Philip! Bravo. Thanks for sharing this magnificent image with Bob and with all of us around the world as a result!
V

paul said...

Not your usual arch - a splendid shot, though, congratulations!

T. Becque said...

Beautiful photo for the city of arches.

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Great, really a great shot.