Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Installment Of That's Entertainment

.
Mrs. C., daughter Emily and I made it to closing night of our Shakespeare In The Park festival on Sunday. It was still stiflingly hot, 88 F / 31 C, when we left at 11 PM. The Dane was a bit too melancholy for me. What with the weather and a couple of glasses of wine at our picnic supper, I fell asleep in the second half. What a piece of work is man.


In some ways, the most entertaining part of the evening is the green show that precedes the play. Jugglers Josh and Jeff are always on hand. They like a little audience participation. Click on the first picture to enlarge it and look at the face of the "volunteer." They wielded the clubs so precisely that a moment later they knocked his hat sideways by hitting the bill.

Countdown to camera camp: six days.



9 comments:

T. Becque said...

Great capture of action and expression!

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Looks like a wonderful and uncongested evening. It must be a nice experience. The volunteer reminds me of Benny Hill, a British comedian. I hope it was pleasurable evening in face of the temperatures.

Olivier said...

Waouhhh l'expression est superbe, je crois que je serais comme lui, pas tres sur ;o)) bravo j'adore

cieldequimper said...

So you would have fallen asleep with Molière too. I was trying to remember who he reminded me of and Lewi gave me the answer. Poor scared volunteer, hanging on to dear life!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

He may be a volunteer but I guarantee he was regretting it.

Virginia said...

Hope the volunteer had knocked back a few brews before the juggling began! Know the feeling B. I nodded off just a titch at a lovely choral concert at eglise Madeleine last night! Vive la (le?) vin!

brattcat said...

These are wonderful captures, Bob. Every bit as comical as Shakespeare in his lighter moments.

Unknown said...

Love this photo it´s good compo and you got the right moment, the man´s face it´s so cool!!

Petra Mafalda said...

Hello I loved the blog and saw that we have much in common, photography and art!
My old blog was hacked and now build another blog.
I hope that puddle visit and if you like great!
I'll put your link on my blog!
I am very happy, thank you!

Hug