Tuesday, September 18, 2007

After the game


After the baseball game Sunday, co-blogger ShadowyOne posed for pictures at Busch Stadium with her husband, Brian, and their friend Skeet, who drove up from Nashville, Tennessee. That's actually Skeet who has his hand on her shoulder.

The crying shame in this is that my daughter, my own flesh and blood, married a Cubs fan. Brian is a great guy and I love him but...a Cubs fan? He is wearing their uniform shirt in this photo but you can only see a little of the logo. And Skeet is no better. Blog contributor U "R" Us, who lives in Chicago these days, has been seen wearing a Cubs hat himself. I wonder whether my father felt like this when I rejected the Republican party.

Our friend Curley from England commented on this picture that "it's just rounders." That's right, in a sense. But how would an English family of, say, ardent Arsenal fans feel if one of the children married a rabid Chelsea supporter? I rest my case.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some arguments in the family? Well it is better over baseball than politics or religion. Nice photo. Excellent post.

I just began a new site about Japan in the early 1950s when we were there. You can get to it from my Brookville daily photo blog. Times have changed a lot there too over the 50-plus years since we were there.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

I'm actually wearing the Cubs hat in my blogger profile photo, but you can't really tell even full size from the angle. But I also once featured a photo on my blog with the hat prominently displayed. Sorry about the Cards, but I would certainly rather see the Cubs advance than the Brewers.

Curly said...

Hey! It's only rounders isn't it? What's the big deal?

Some great photos again this week, I've enjoyed it!

South Shields Daily Photo

Sasha said...

lol! Let's not even talk about rejection. I can't tell my dad that as I grew up I began to think for myself and realized that I am SO not a Republican! I think if I told him he'd probably disown me!!!

Very nice to see your daughter though! They all look like they had a great time.

Ming the Merciless said...

I spent most of my graduate school years tutoring baseball and football students so they can get at least a "C" to be eligible to play college games....and that kinda killed any enthusiasm for the sports.