Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thursday Arch Series


There was a lot of ice-related stuff going on over New Year's weekend. Once a season, the National Hockey League (which, for some reason, involves two nations, the U.S. and Canada) holds a game outdoors in a baseball or football stadium. It was here this week with our St. Louis Blues (good name for a team) against the rival Chicago Blackhawks. We won, 4 - 1, while 46,000 people in Busch Stadium tried to follow a tiny black dot in the fog.

Other things were going on, too. A temporary ice rink was set up in the square where downtown meets the Arch grounds. I sympathize with the man in the second photo. I've tried three or four times but I cannot ice skate (or ski, play golf or tennis, you name it). My only neuromuscular talent is in my right index finger.          


7 comments:

s.c said...

Second one must be the decisive moment. But the first one has the power of the arch. I like them.

biebkriebels said...

That is nice to have the ice rink ther, fun for young and "old"...

Sharon said...

Hey Bob, it sounds like we both have the same athletic prowess.

Cloudia said...

What a nice blog! Glad I happened by

William Kendall said...

My ice skating skills are awful too.

Jack said...

These outdoor hockey games are very popular, but I wouldn't take a ticket if you paid me $1,000 to go.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a fabulous backdrop to the skating rink Bob, lovely to see the Arch again. Must admit my sense of balance is pretty minimal also 😊