Saturday, January 21, 2017

Black Friday


Oh, what a grim day it was. A small demonstration took place late yesterday afternoon across the street from my office building. I think the location was chosen because there is an investment company there with a large bronze sculpture of a bull and bear on the corner. You know, capitalism and the rich. It was behind an eight foot fence by mid-day, which sort of deflated the symbolism.

The sign above was a bit awkward. The couple below were more than a little grim. As I was editing these pictures I wanted to go back and play them Bobby McFerrin's iconic song but I realized I'd have to do the same thing to myself, and I knew it would never work. The day is much too dark.

I'm okay with differences of opinion, even strong ones. But I cannot respect the judgement of people who support Trump any more than I can climate change deniers, vaccine paranoids or people who think President Obama was born in Kenya.

The big women's march is today. Reports starting Sunday.         


5 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That speech of him was the talk of town here, everything we feared for.

Sami said...

:( Sad day indeed!
I know in Sydney they had a Women's march too. I live in Perth, but wasn't aware of one here.

William Kendall said...

It's going to be a long four years. Because even if he resigns, is impeached, or has himself a massive fatal stroke (which wouldn't surprise me, because the man does not look healthy in the least), Pence is still there.

Sharon said...

I feel the pain!

Stefan Jansson said...

I guess we will see a lot of this in the coming weeks, months and years.