Sunday, January 22, 2017

St. Louis Women's March


Me, too.

This was a heck of a turnout for a third-tier town. Police estimated the attendance as up to 13,000. Some of the organizers said 20,000. My guess would be on the higher end. My wife, Carolyn, daughter, Emily, and granddaughter, Madeleine, joined the throng. I played photojournalist.

The tone was decidedly anti-Trump, which made me feel good for the first time in days. Some very clever signs. These pictures will run for a few days. As I edit more they will be added to a growing collection on Flickr.              


8 comments:

s.c said...

Its a sign for Trump indeed.

biebkriebels said...

Great photo's. The world is with you, I wonder what Mr. T is thinking, (if he is thinking..)

Sharon said...

20,000 is what the estimated for here too. My blogging friend in London joined the march there of over 100,000.

Lois said...

Wonderful! We had over 14,000 turn out here in Tallahassee, so I was very pleased.

William Kendall said...

There was a march here that I saw the tail end of; I should have photographed some of it. There were a lot of people out for it. One of the signs that stayed with me read "women's rights are human rights."

Bill said...

Great photos, Bob! Impressive turnout all over the world. I love the signs people drew up for this. Maybe Trump will understand how much people hate him.

Norma said...

I would have joined the march here if I could walk well enough.

Stefan Jansson said...

Poor Alec Baldwin I say, he will have a busy four years!