Sunday, January 1, 2017

CDP Theme Day: 2016 Pictures Of The Year

Maybe I lack self-discipline but I'm just not able to pick a single image for the CDP New Year's Day theme. These are some of my favorites, sorted into arbitrary categories. 

First Place: bonfire finale at Artica



Second Place: anti-Trump rally in downtown STL



Best Travel Photos
Der Dicker Engel restaurant in Berlin

  
Chihuly and Seattle, desaturated 


On the other hand, best pure use of color

Transit tunnel, Seattle 



Best candid portraits

One day on Art Hill

Forest Park 2016-02-27 1 

Andy and Audrey

The Littlest Crowe

Outside the Rijksmuseum

Amsterdam 2016-09-08 4 (violinist 1)


Best black and white

Airstrip, Clare, Michigan

2016-07-03 fly-in breakfast 1

Levee, Eads Bridge and Arch

Highlight and Shadow 6


 Best performance photo

Finite-Infinite at the 2016 St. Louis Fringe Festival

Finite-Infinite 1



A bar in Chicago

A Bar In Chicago 3   


See 2016's best from CDP members around the world here.

Happy 2017 to all.        



12 comments:

s.c said...

You may be proud on such a collection of clearly great shots. Hope to get the same in 2017.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

I love the way you picked categories. Was glad to see the arch, too.

Happy New Year 2017!

Janis
Greensboro Daily Photo

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Happy new year Bob.. this is a fine selection of images you have picked here. I have to admit I'm the same, hard to choose 😊 Gosh little Audrey is growing up, she's adorable!

Sharon said...

These are all so good I can see why it would be tough to choose. I think the fringe festival one is my favorite. It's stunning. Happy New Year!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Thanks so much Bob for giving us more than one photo, you had so many good ones again this year. That gave me a chance to see some I missed, and there are some spectacular ones. I particularly fell for the Audrey and Andy pool shot (she's adorable!) and for the Arch shot with levee and Eads Bridge (gosh, you've done it again, this is a spectacular addition to your Arch collection!)- and also your best performance photo with balloons.
I wish you happy shooting in 2017 and a joyous and healthy year for the whole family!

Jack said...

Nice collection, Bob. Quite varied. Maybe the Amsterdam violent and the ballon dancer win the 2016 Bob award from me.

Bill said...

Nice collection you have there Bob. I like how you categorized them, very creative!

Kay said...

Bravo! A beautiful selection of shots. I especially like your black and whites and would never have thought to look at a Chihuly that way.

Jim said...

Great collection.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

Your selection is marvellous.
The most I like is: Chihuly and Seattle, desaturated and Levee, Eads Bridge and Arch.
Happy New Year.

William Kendall said...

The fringe festival one's my favourite.

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice selection from the year Bob.