Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Macedonian Wine


I am really low on material but last night brought an opportunity. There is a hot restaurant in our town, Webster Groves, that's been open about a year. It's called Olive + Oak. We've never gone because you have to book about two weeks ahead and, frankly, it's a bit expensive for our trying-to-retire budget. But my staff gave me a gift certificate for Christmas so off we went last night.

It was a delight. No space here for a full review but there was an unusual treat. The wine list had a page of "no one would ever buy this" bottles at reasonable prices. Absolutely unknown stuff. The owner is also a qualified sommelier and gave us guidance. We ended up with this Macedonian red. Just terrific. Ever drink wine made from kratosija or vranec grapes?         




5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Can't say that I have. Fun selfie.

William Kendall said...

I tried a Macedonian wine at an embassy event here last year. I can't recall its name, but it had a rich taste to it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nice selfie there ☺ the wine from our Margaret River region is so good, do you ever drink Aussie wines Bob?

Sharon said...

Very interesting Bob! I don't think I've ever seen a wine from Macedonia but I'd give it a try.

Klara said...

to answer your question - yes :-) and I love them.