Thursday, March 10, 2011

STL DPB Leaving Los Angeles

.
Jeff Koons' Louis XIV

Got home late last night. Farewell crazy Los Angeles. I’ve never seen so many Jaguars or so many women with dangerous heels anywhere. Style over substance.


I’m ending the series with some shots from a room full of Jeff Koons’ stuff in the contemporary building of the LA County Museum of Art. Not for everyone but I think he’s funny and witty (not exactly the same thing). Above, a bust of Louis XIV. Below, John the Baptist, followed by Michael Jackson and his pet chimp Bubbles. At the bottom, a view of the famous Hollywood sign from the balcony of the just outside this room.


The Thursday Arch Series will return next week.


Jeff Koons' John the Baptist

Jeff Koons' Michael and Bubbles

Hollywood Sign


Downtown St. Louis 365 is hustling the rent today.

1st Month Rent

5 comments:

Olivier said...

des sculptures tres kitch ;)

cieldequimper said...

Bling.

I didn't see the exhibition au château de Versailles mais elle a été très controversée.

Jilly said...

What a fabulous series this has been, Bob. I've just looked back and am exhausted just thinking about all the things you saw and photographed and such variety too. Well, that's La la land. Super photos. I couldn't live with a Jeff Koon work but then I couldn't afford it in the first place.

brattcat said...

I don't know how you had time to do business on this trip. You, Mr. C., are a very good time manager. And you're not such a bad photographer, either.

Virginia said...

I'll be photographing that sign in a few months I hope as I plan to flit out there to have another blogfest! BTW, the Michael Jackson sculpture, creeped me out.
V