Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Shot The Sheriff

,
St. Pat's Parade 26

... with a Canon 7D and a big honkin' telephoto lens. We don't have the Wyatt Earp kind of sheriff here. The St. Louis sheriff's department is responsible for courtroom security and prisoner transportation. This being America, there's a lot of that business around.

I once met the law partner of the then-incumbent Sheriff of Nottingham. Now there's a claim to fame.


Downtown St. Louis 365 is displaying its colors today.

St Pat's Parade 25

6 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I didn't even know you still had Wyatt Earps around! ;-)

Nice little wave you got.

Re. TGV prices: they vary from one minute to the next, can go from 20€ to 100 in no time at all. Nobody understands the pricing system and consumer organisations are fed up with it. Not that their outcries change anything. For now.

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice one. I took a similar photo last year, but that officer was prettier than yours.

Virginia said...

YOu gun slinger you!

BTW
Peter's entire blog has disappeared. Do you have any expertise that you could share with him? Scary isn't it.
V

Sharon said...

But, you didn't shoot the deputy! This one made me smile.

Birdman said...

... what not deputy shot? hahahaha!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Sharon beat me to my comment. Now I'll be humming that darn song until I fall asleep. Curses.