Monday, December 29, 2008

STL DPB On The Road: Across the Broklyn Bridge

.
Today's trek was to Brooklyn Heights, along the promenade opposite lower Manhattan and across the Brooklyn Bridge, then up to Greenwich Village.

WHAT'S THE STORY WITH THE UPPER PICTURE: a Lensbaby shot.

WHAT"S THE STORY ABOUT THE LOWER PICTURE: we were about half-way across the bridge. Although it was exceptionally warm the wind was howling across the middle of the East River. And there, on a bench, was a young man working intently on his MacBook. We asked him if there was free WiFi on the bridge (there is in a lot of places in NYC). He said no. I asked if I could take his picture. He said yes. And here you have it.


TOMORROW: flying back to STL. Lots more pix from this weekend to post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose if you have enough money for a MacBook, you need to get out and show it off. Kinda like owning a Cadillac in the old days.

Virginia said...

Abe if you've got it flaunt it I always say.

Bob, Here I am trying to find a cheap flash and you terrorize me with a Lensbaby ad. Well if I had one I wouldn't know how to use it unless you were hanging over my shoulder so just as well. VERY cool shot of the bridge. I don't understand how it all works but it does. It's amazing.
V

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

One of my favorite things to do when visiting New York is to walk the Brooklyn Bridge. It was being built about the same time the Eads Bridge was going up, and both teams of bridge builders faced similarly daunting problems.

Ming the Merciless said...

Maybe the guy needed some peace and quiet so he walked up the bridge to find a perfect spot to work. :-)

Julie said...

I really like the lines on the top photo - but golly it is a challenge for ageing eyes!

During a trip to Italy, in Siena, there was a particular gutter where 6 or more computers would gather each evening. I always attributed it to the sexy Italian air ...

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

great distance in your frist photo. i love the frist shoot . wonderful photographer.....