Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ring Out The Old

.
My son, Chicago photoblogger and heir to the STL DPB fortune, U "R"Us, was down for a few days around Christmas. He and I got bored on Christmas Eve afternoon and went out shooting in a strange, desolate industrial area north of the Arch. He had a post of one of his shots yesterday.

The area is the beginning of a walking and bike trail along the Mississippi. A odd and amusing industrial decay-themed park is being built around the entrance. In this picture, the photographer (and software engineer) finds a fence made of rebar, picks up a couple of loose pieces of the stuff and turns the whole thing into a giant marimba. Music rang through the ruins.


WHAT TO SAY WITH MY LAST POST OF 2008:
You think this has been a bad year? Well, cheer up. Always look on the bright side of life.



TOMORRROW:
CDPB Monthly Theme Day - Picture of the Year
. The Thursday Arch Series is officially off for the New Year's Day holiday. Or is it?

8 comments:

Curly said...

Still trying to figure out what he's doing.

I hope you don't mind me taking the easy route by copying and pasting this comment, it is by far the easiest method of getting my message to so many CDP photobloggers.
I am not sure that I can sustain South Shields Daily Photo much longer, it is so difficult to keep finding new material on a daily basis,
and after more than two years inspiration and motivation are becoming harder to find, so I may become less daily from time to time.
I hope you can find new hope and inspiration, and that a new start in 2009 brings everything that you desire.
The CDP photoblogging community has grown massively over the past year and I'd like to thank those who have visited South Shields Daily Photo, especially those who have been kind enough to leave a comment or two.
Best wishes for 2008

from

Curly

at

South Shields Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Looks like he is playing some music.

I don't have a lot to say about last year or this new year but here are some thoughts...

I hope 2009 will be better than 2008, 2007, and 2006. I do think our
government will be inspired by our new President Obama -- at least I
hope so.

I would like to see the War in Irag end and I would like to see the
killing stop everywhere.

It is my hope that Japan will stop slaughtering whales and raping
virgin forests.

And I hope the people will lose their clubs and no longer club baby
seals to death.

What a world we have and live in. 2009 could be so much better than it will be.

Virginia said...

Cool shot. I listened to some music on his blog the other day. I hope the rebar marimba sounded better. Sorry A.!

Hope you have a great 2009 Bob. Thanks for being such a great teacher and friend.
V

Jen said...

Happy New Year. Here's to a new president and a new governor, and let's hope for the best!

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Hey, that's me! LOL to your comment Virginia. Sorry to offend your ears!

Julie said...

What a lovely excursion to share. I often go on excursions by myself as non-photographers are easily irritated!

The singing crucifixion was a defining moment ...

Shutterup-Shutterbug said...

You all are just having way too much fun! LOL Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! Can't wait to see what you'll bring us in 2009, Bob.

Virginia said...

Andy,
Not to worry, I didn't listen long, but do I get an A for trying to broaden my horizons?

Bob, Is this Monty Python??? I think I'll drag out the VCR tape I have of "The Meaning of Life!" One of my all time favs.