Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Life On the Mississippi: Spaceman In Love

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a few pictures of the art graffiti on the floodwall along the Mississippi River, just south of the Arch. This section is on the end of the wall, where a huge metal gate would close if the waters rise.

I find this very arresting. My guess is that the B&W images were painted onto the green background (I did not inspect closely enough to figure out how) and the word "love" was splashed on later with spray paint. Everyone needs love, even astronauts and people carrying candelabra in horror movies.

TOMORROW: Thursday Arch Series returns

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob-
miss you from class.
I was looking through your favorite photographers and see that we have several in common there as well.
Love the blog.
Best to Caroline.

Thom

Waldo Oiseau said...

Love the graffiti art! Nice pic.

Sasha said...

Oh I'm just loving these. I just wish someone hadn't spray painted over the horror movie scene.