Saturday, September 16, 2017

Phoenix Art Museum


We visited the Phoenix Art Museum yesterday. Although we have been to the area several times, we have never visited. We were impressed.

The building is spacious and the walls uncrowded. It has an open, airy feeling although it allows only secluded peaks at the desert sun. There was a show on about the work of celebrated fashion designer James Galanos (they had a copy of his famous portrait by Richard Avedon). The clothing was beautiful but, as I am not a big fashion fan, I found the mannequins almost as interesting.

Home tonight.



3 comments:

Sharon said...

I've got a few photos from here that I'll post something next week. Yes, I do think we have a world class art museum. Safe travels back home.

Kate said...

Although I agree that the mannequins are very interesting in their special androgynous way, I would pay special attention to the fashions: the colours and styles.

William Kendall said...

I would enjoy that museum.