Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Arch Series

.
Somehow in the week's craziness I managed to squeeze off a shot or two of the Arch. This was taken across the river in East St. Louis, Illinois, near the spot where I took the photo in the header (before I got chased off by the railroad police). Some rich person created a foundation in his will to build an overlook on the Mississippi, facing downtown. It's been taking forever to get done. As you can see, it's almost there. I thought about going up anyway but it's surrounded by No Trespassing - Prosecutors Will Be Violated signs or something like that. I decided not to chance it. But I just can't wait for this to open in the spring, after which I will be up there morning, noon and night firing away.

WHO'S COMING HOME TODAY:
Mrs. C will be discharged from the hospital this afternoon. The new hip is so good she looks like she's ready to go dancing.


TOMORROW:
another portrait of a weirdo from the Mardi Gras parade. It's a pretty good one.


BY THE WAY, I'm sorry I haven't been able to add to Gateway lately. I'll pick it up over the weekend.

6 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Take Mrc C dancing now then, because if you spend all your evenings shooting away at the viewer later on... ;-) Great shot! I love your arches series!

Olivier said...

impressionnant, cela fait penser a une photo de fin du monde

VP said...

Absolutely beautiful and impressive. Olivier is right: it's something like the end of world. Great shot!

Virginia said...

What? You let a little ole No Trespassing sign keep you out ? You're slipping Bob. Something about the light is eerie here. I think Olivier's on to something.
V

Bob Crowe said...

The reason for the eeriness or slightly unusual light is that it's an HDR. Quite a lot of my recent posts are HDRs and most people would not have guessed. Just this month, the posts of Feb. 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, the middle photo of Feb. 13, Feb. 14, both of Feb. 15, Feb. 18, 19, 20, 21 and today are HDR images. Most pix of this kind are brassy, full of overloaded color and contrast. I'm finding that you can get much more subtle effects.

Pat said...

This is beautiful, and really makes me want to fly over to Saint Louis. I'm sure someone has suggested this before me, but is an 'Arch' book in the making?