Tuesday, April 28, 2020

WHY I LOVE MY CAMERA (RED WING BLACKBIRD)


I got my first digital camera in late 1999, when the consumer models appeared. They were  what we now call point-and-shoots, Nikon then, until 2005 or 2006 when I made the plunge and got a DSLR, a Canon 5D. Then upgrades and a lot of high end glass. Unfortunately, I was getting older and my spine more crumbly. The weight of two Canon bodies and lenses on the street became too much.

Skipping some intermediate steps, I now shoot with a Fujifilm X-T3, smaller, lighter and cheaper than the Canons. The images are as good or better. I love it. This picture of a red wing blackbird, shot with a 18-55mm lens (1.5 crop factor), was taken in Forest Park yesterday. The crop is at least 90% and it stays sharp. FB does a poor job rendering it. On my computer, there is much more gradation in the blacks.

6 comments:

s.c said...

Looks like a crow in the army with one stripe on its sleeve. Nice shot and sharp indeed.

Sharon said...

You've captured him very well.

Maria Rodrigues said...

Wonderful photo!

Bill said...

The black-bird got its stripe, great shot!

William Kendall said...

What a beauty.

William Kendall said...

They've returned here for the season.