Wednesday, April 1, 2020

CITY DAILY PHOTO APRIL THEME DAY - SCHOOL


Ah, alma mater. I got both of my degrees here. There wasn't much of a reason for coming. I went to a Jesuit high school in the Bronx. They steered us to Jesuit colleges. This was the one farthest away from home that let me in. Bingo, I'm a St. Louisan. 

I'm the oldest of four children. When I chose a college a thousand miles away from home my mother thought her children hated her. Two years later, my sister enrolled in the more prestigious school across town, Washington University. Then my mother was sure we hated her. The younger two, however, stayed in the northeast.

The campus is almost unrecognizable from my days there - so much bigger and so many new buildings. But, gee, it's only been forty six years.       

3 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful entrance.

Tanya Breese said...

It is beautiful...your poor mom haha... thankfully my older 2 chose local schools and will be the case with my youngest two!

William Kendall said...

Campuses are always adding. Until they run out of room.