Thursday, April 30, 2020

PANDEMIC IN SPRINGTIME - SIGNS IN THE SIDEWALK


Found along a walkway in Forest Park next to each other. Some people visiting the park were staying safe while others were careless. The writing below is a bit of scrawl but we think it says "Follow Photography Friend 816 on Insta [gram?]. I don't do Instagram. Maybe a user can check it out and report back.

To my Midwestern eye, the words look like they are being sucked into the top of a tornado. I have seen a tornado once in my life, from the 23rd floor of an office building while it was crossing the Mississippi a safe distance away. It was awesome in the most traditional sense of the word.     


4 comments:

Bill said...

The drawing gives you the impression of wanting to suck in more followers for photography friend 816. Never seen or been close to a tornado. I think it would be scary.

Sharon said...

I checked friend 816...there were two possibilities but neither had anything posted yet. So who knows what that is supposed to mean.
I've seen a tornado too....a long time ago when I lived in Illinois. Of course hear in the desert we see what we call "dust devils" all the time. Little tornado-like spinners that have kicked up the dust.

Linda said...

I've never seen a funnel cloud. Once a tornado came near and the sky went green. I didn't stay close to the window to watch after that!

William Kendall said...

Very timely.