Thursday, April 9, 2020

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS?


We live in a residential area that has little to look at on a walk but other suburban houses. There is a park quite nearby, though. It's got a baseball field and a playground but the rest of it is made up of rolling lawns and groves of trees. No developed walking paths. If I have to get out of the house (and it's getting to me more and more) it is a pretty, quiet place to go.

I never leave home without a camera these days, collecting whatever crosses my path. This plant was in the park. I don't know if we are looking at leaves or flowers but they are visually striking. The normal ground covering where I grew up was asphalt and concrete. Can anyone help identify this plant?     

3 comments:

R.F. Sutton said...

My guess, based on the petals, is that it’s a hydrangea. However, the stalk looks like a native meadow phlox I grow which also has flowers with similar petals but which don’t hang on through the winter. In short, I don’t know. :-) But I like the photo, like virtually every other one of yours.

William Kendall said...

It is pretty.

William Kendall said...

I don't know, but they are photogenic.