Saturday, April 11, 2020

I GOT RHYTHM


Friday was a glorious spring day in The Lou. I had to spend most of it in my office (lawyers are considered essential here for some reason) but it was so pretty my camera and I had to go for a cruise afterward. Forest Park was pretty busy, although people were keeping adequate distance. As I drove past this street entertainer I had to turn around, stop the car and find out what was going on.

So meet Derrick El-Sumadi, www.dadidrums.webs.com He cobbles together a living doing what he loves, including studio work and live performance fill in, teaching, events, parties and working the streets. He said he'd been around for years, playing outside of sporting events and public festivities. Never run into him before but he's really good.

BTW, the shot was horribly backlit but he said candidly he'd rather the afternoon sun was in my eyes than his. Tough image to work with but TGFP (thank God for Photoshop).       

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Under the circumstances I am surprised he's not fined.