Wednesday, April 22, 2020

PANDEMIC IN SPRINGTIME - FRESH AIR AND EXERCISE


We've been going for walks in Forest Park and it's clear that some of the community really has cabin fever. The young women in the top picture were posing for a friend so I just grabbed the opportunity. Nobody minded but it occurred to me that I couldn't do this when I was 20.

The second photo brings back a memory. If any of you are old and weird enough, you might remember the bit of 70's way-out-there comedy from the Firesign Theatre, High School Madness. Porgy and his pal Mudhead are about to graduate from Morse Science High School. Jughead asks about his friend's plans for the future. Porgy exclaims,"I'm gonna cut the soles off my shoes, sit in a tree and learn to play the flute!" Sounds good to me.

Note the lack of distancing, though.              


3 comments:

s.c said...

Nice fun portraits. I like them.

Sharon said...

Cabin fever has hit just about everyone these days. I went to get gas in the car yesterday just to get outside and do something normal. Even that every day task was not normal because I used paper towels to hold the pump nozzle and hand sanitizer after the job.

William Kendall said...

Cabin fever has set in everywhere