Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Market In Color

.
Pike Place Market 2

A couple of commentators on yesterday's post noted that Pike Place Market in Seattle is a colorful place but still enjoyed the black and white images. Well, let's look at the other side. The photo above is on the main concourse. 

We met the couple below during breakfast at Lowell's, the place to start your day in Seattle. They were trying to take their own picture with a phone cam, sitting right in front of the bright window. Wrong. We moved them to the side and I took a shot with my camera. They look very happy. I emailed the pic to them and hope they like it.

I'm out of material. Better find something on the street today.

Couple In Lowell's

10 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Who wouldn't be happy at the public market? :-)

Olivier said...

c'est sympa en couleur, mais je préfère l’atmosphère du b&w.
Sur ma deniere photo, en effet un leger HDR

Kate said...

Great photo and they got a few free photographic tips.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The must be delighted with the photo.

Across the street from Pike Market is the Beecher Cheese Shop. Incredibly fresh and flavorful cheese. We can get their Flagship cheese in our local gourmet supermarket in Scottsdale.

Norma said...

I just saw a photographer on Today who did some shots in this same location.

Yours are better.

William Kendall said...

Both are terrific shots, Bob!

Jack said...

I am a proponent of color in most circumstances. That's just me. And, your portrait of the couple is excellent. I am always volunteering to take photos of strangers when I see one of a couple taking a solo shot. In part it is because most people appreciate getting a photo of the couple, and in part because I know that if I take it, the photo will be better than the typical amateur's shot . . . just as this couple will be amazed when they receive your highly successful shot.

Virginia said...

Oh Jack and I have an ongoing "discussion " about color vs BW. I'll agree here. What a lucky couple to have you on hand to make a lovely portrait of them.
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Sweet looking couple. You did them a solid. Know they'll be happy with the photo.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think they'll be thrilled Bob..a really super portrait.