Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Beauty And The Beasts

.
Jaime's Wedding 10

A detail of the beautiful bride. I'm told that the pearls have been in the family for ages. Below, the ring bearer and flower girl during the wedding ceremony. They apparently thought they had been invited to a fancy-dress wrestling match.

I've got a bit more KC stuff. The Thursday Arch Series will be back this week, and it's an unusual one. It hit me this morning that we're leaving for Seattle on Saturday. I thought I had another week.

Jaime's Wedding 13

Meanwhile, back in The Lou, the Cardinals played the Washington Nationals in the early phase  of the playoffs. Washington won 3-2 on Sunday but we gave 'em a good 12-4 thrashing yesterday. With an odd starting time of 3:37 in the afternoon, the light creeping across the field was strange.

Cards - Nats 2012-10-08 1

Cards - Nats 2012-10-08 2

8 comments:

Olivier said...

le mouvement de la deuxieme photo est superbe.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I don't think I would want anyone taking a photo of my skin at that close range.

I love the play in the bottom of the 6th inning when the Cardinals runner advanced from first to third on a bunt, and then scored when the Nationals had to have their infield in for a play at the plate and could not handle a sharp grounder.

Why couldn't they do something like that in Sunday's game?

William Kendall said...

Lovely pearls!

Best of luck to the Cards!

Virginia said...

The pearls is just a beautiful shot B. The beasts......verifies that kids don't need to be in the wedding party.
xx

The Old Curmudgeon

Virginia said...

And I know NOTHING about baseball but that last shot.....well the light knocks me outta the park.
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...

The shadows in the park echo the Arch. Graceful effect.

Jack said...

Your two photos from the wedding are terrific. That reminds me. We are still waiting for the photos from my daughter's wedding five weeks ago. Note to self: be patient.

Nathalie said...

All four photos are wonderful, each in their own style. What a great selection. You're leading a full life, aren't you?