Saturday, September 1, 2012

People Watching

.
Festival of Nations 31

It's monthly theme day on City Daily Photo, now on Facebook after the demise of the portal. The topic is people watching.

I met these two at the Festival of Nations. Such a sweet face, such tender eyes, such a beautiful girlfriend for that hat. Wonder what she thinks about it, not to mention what motivated him to wear it. Maybe he thinks that kind of thing is cool.

We're getting periods of heavy rain from the dregs of Hurricane Isaac but not as bad as first predicted. Doesn't look like flights will be canceled (all fingers crossed) and our long weekend trip will proceed. We'll get to a place this afternoon we've never been before. Gods of the air willing, there will be a report tomorrow.

Festival of Nations 32

16 comments:

cieldequimper said...

It says it on the tee-shirt: perfect.

Have a great time!

Birdman said...

... and she's still with him? Even with the fashionable chapeau? Lots of fish in the sea, baby!

Lois said...

I like her shirt much better than his hat!

Kate said...

Birdman's got it!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

This chap is definitely having a bad hat day!! but he does have such a sweet face and a gorgeous gal on his arm!!

Jilly said...

Two gentle people - and beautiful portraits. I suppose I think of these more as portraits than people watching. Perhaps I think of people watching more as street photography. Semantics doubtless ...

Memphis MOJO said...

Have a good trip.

Unknown said...

wonderful dichotomy - always eye-catching.

RedPat said...

I guess he's trying to be cool! I'm with Birdman on this one.

Lynette said...

Another thoughtful, skillful post from Bob. Great Theme Day offering!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I like the contradiction between his sweet face and the harsh message on his hat. His hat is not him, just a questionable fashion choice.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya Breese said...

i'm drawn to his eyes, i like him, nobody what everyone else says!

Buck said...

I never thought of a portrait! What a nice interpretation of the theme. I must be fashion challenged (or numb!) because I see hats and shirts like this a lot. I don't even look twice anymore; I don't think people are trying to relate any particular message as much as they like the colours or the shape of the words.

Stefan Jansson said...

That is a hat with a difference. And a cool t-shirt, nice one for the theme day.

William Kendall said...

So if he's Death, who is she? And where are the other two Horsemen?