Monday, November 5, 2007

Life On (And Over) The Mississippi: Helicopter Rides



If you want to fork out some money, you can go for a helicopter over the riverfront and surrounding area. I've been watching this copter on my last few shooting trips in the neighborhood and the length of the ride varies. I'm sure the price does, too. The deluxe one seems to go over to Illinois, downriver to the Anheuser-Busch brewery and then back downtown over Busch Stadium, where the baseball Cardinals play.

One of these days, when I'm feeling extravagant, I'll buy a ticket and bring my camera along.



TOMORROW
Life On the Mississippi Continues: Barge Traffic






4 comments:

Jing said...

hey....i am jing
thx GOD, i can open the websites again...
so nice to see your photo blog again...
so nice to catch those flying ....haha. helicopters!!

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Whoa! Very cool shots. Here's to ST feeling extravagant!

Oswegan said...

Sounds awesome, but a little freaky too. I went down in a military copter once - it was a bit scary.

Funny to have found another lawyer/photographer.

I will have to add you to my roll of Bloggers That Rock.

~Oswegan

Jim Klenke said...

No way, I am not getting into one of those. They have them for our annual town jubilee. $20 for a 1 min 45 sec ride. We had someone with us that had to count how many people per ride, how long each ride was and how much they make in a day.....Then she decided to shell out the $20 for a ride to see her apartment from the sky.