Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Philly Cuisine

.
Carmen's

I was in meetings all day long yesterday and out to dinner with colleagues last night. Just had time to sneak in some shots at the city's Reading Terminal Market as it was closing for the day.

One of the highlights of local cuisine is the cheesesteak sandwich. Check the link for a description. Mmm, way-overcooked beef, onions and Cheez Whiz on a long roll. Not endorsed by the American Heart Association.

And so to bed. 8 AM meeting today.

Golden Fish Market

Dienner's BBQ

Open

8 comments:

Olivier said...

superbe serie d'enseignes, j'aime bien celle du Golden Fish Market

Nic said...

I don't know what it is about this blog, you know. And I have only found it fairly recently. When I was in my twenties I would get these wonderful thoughts about quietly jumping on a plane to America and disappearing; thoughts which left some sort of surge of excitement. A strange feeling which I can't quite describe but one I feel each time I read a post. I think I end up thinking I am actually there which quite often would be preferable to being actually here. I love it.

brattcat said...

love this style of market.

Wayne said...

I don't even eat meat (but they have bakeries) and I was in Reading Terminal every day when I was in Philadelphia. It's a fun place to visit smack downtown.

William Kendall said...

I've never had a Philly cheesesteak sandwich, but I've heard all sorts of delicious stories about it.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I had a Philly cheesesteak sandwich once. Didn't have to eat again until the same time the following day.

Virginia said...

What to choose??? BTW B, I had rave reviews for B'ham food this last weekend from Cincinnati friends. . You and C. need to get on down here soon and try it. I think you might be very surprised.
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I'm loving all that neon.