Friday, May 11, 2012

Link Between Downtown STL And Hades

.
House of Hades Tile, 7th and Olive, STL

We saw a few House of Hades tiles in Philadelphia and several in New York. These appear to be the contemporary successor to Toynbee Tiles. Well, the sharp eyes and research skills of Mrs. C. found a reference to one in downtown St. Louis. It's at 7th and Olive Streets in front of Macy's, a block from my office. I walk through that intersection frequently and I am embarrassed that I have not noticed it. It is a bit out of the crosswalk, though.

There may be more. Now I want to walk through every downtown intersection and search. They could be in any other part of the city. The mystery continues.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Extremely interesting post, not that I would think you'd ever have a boring post, Bob. I look forward to seeing the results of your searches.

cieldequimper said...

How extremely strange.

Stefan Jansson said...

The search is on.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

It might be more of a house of Hades in the summertime.

brattcat said...

you've really been swept up in this search, haven't you. good eyes on mrs. c.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Good spotting Mrs. C, some journalists deserve to have their bones ground!! Ooo! that didn't sound so good haha!