Monday, July 27, 2009

Portraits Of St. Louis Artists: Sandra Marchewa

.
Whimsy. Sandra Marchewa stands in a little cloud of her own making, buzzing with bug-like elves, mini-monsters and flying pigs. I can imagine a huge array of these critters hanging from a ceiling for a viewer's disorientation, drifting from peripheral vision to central focus and out again. You might need some Dramamine.

SPECIAL NOTE TO THATONEGIRL: thank you for your notes and comments in Flickr yesterday. I wrote you back at the address you gave me but the message bounced - Yahoo said there wasn't a user by that name. Can you email me directly? There is a link to do that on my blog profile.


There is a new Arch photo
today on GATEWAY.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

amusant ces créations, elle est dans un monde de conte de fée

Maggid said...

What a delight!

Victor said...

You know how they say people look like their dogs. Well, she looks like her art. Beautiful portrait.

cieldequimper said...

Snapper beat me to it!

Virginia said...

Snapper and Ceil beat me to it !HA She's got a twinkle in her eye and you caughtit!V