Sunday, February 11, 2018

What's On That Screen?


The height of the silly season is upon The Lou. Yesterday was the official Mardi Gras parade from downtown to the Soulard district. I didn't get my usual image haul, unfortunately. We decided to take Ellie. Didn't get to the walk staging area before the start as usual and the kid couldn't tolerate the noise. The floats were loaded with big amps and speakers and at one point under a trestle, when a train was crossing over the street, Ellie clamped her hands over her ears in pain. My wife and daughter took her to a restaurant while I walked some more.

The people watching was more interesting than the floats.  I really, really want to know what the young woman is watching on her phone. (The imagination runs wild.) The guys below are just getting into the swing of things. There is enough material to cover daily posts until we head south later this week.      


4 comments:

s.c said...

Nice portraits. Hope you have read my answer on the diabetes question.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I often find people watching more interesting than the event Bob ☺ Poor little tender ears, sometimes we forget how young they are.. good thing they have no problems letting us know ☺

Bill said...

People watching is fun and you got some great ones here.

William Kendall said...

I get some of the same reaction around speakers.

Wonderful shots; I look forward to more.