Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Alliance For A Healthier Generation

2013 Chicago Marathon 13

Many runners in marathons affiliate themselves with a charity. Even though son Andy, the tower in the first picture, wasn't able to run we met up with his team, the Alliance For A Healthier Generation. Its cause is to fight childhood obesity, a serious problem in this country. Andy raised a significant amount of money. (You can add to it if you want.)

We were standing at the halfway point of the race, looking for members of the team running by. As I took the top picture Andy spotted one of them and pointed. I whipped around and, with the exposure set for bright sunlight, took the bottom picture in the shade. The photo has been sandblasted in Photoshop.

By the way, that's Mrs. C in the on the right of the first photo..                      
         

2013 Chicago Marathon 14

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice photos.

My step-son and his wife (who live in Raleigh NC) made the trip to Chicago and ran. I guess I could walk 26 miles, but I sure couldn't run that far.

William Kendall said...

Good shots, Bob, and a good cause.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love the way at events like this some people look at you with a glare and some with a grin :)