Sunday, October 6, 2013

Accomplice To Crime

The Most Important Man In The Stadium

But to some, one of the most important people in the stadium. Look closely at the button on his left shoulder - BEER $9. Now I like a beer at the ball game as much as the next guy but it's past the point where I'm willing to pay their price. (I don't like Budweiser anyway.) Do I have $9 in my pocket? Sure. Is 14 ounces of bland brew worth that much to me? No way. Won't pay it. To the Cardinals' credit, though, Busch is one of the shrinking number of stadiums that let you bring in your own water and food. In lots of other cities it's pay the hot dog ransom or starve.          

6 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

And Diet Cokes are expensive, too.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I was about to say that it is sacrilegious to live in St. Louis and not like Budweiser, but I grew up on St. Louis and don't like any beer.

Pat said...

That guy looks like Al Hrabosky. Well, at least the moustache. In AZ we can bring in water and peanuts. My nephew would go to Reds games in Cincinnati and he would sign a pledge to be a designated driver. They would then sell him O'douls for $2. He just wanted the taste, not the alcohol.

William Kendall said...

A lot of character in that face.

I have no idea what the prices would be over in the Skydome, or whatever they're calling it these days, but it'd still be steep.

Jack said...

I'm amazed that you can bring any food or beverage at all into the stadium.

Excellent portrait.

Stefan Jansson said...

That is a lot of money for a beer. Too much. Way too much. Skål.