Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lighting The City's Christmas Tree

.
Many of my photographs are set in Kiener Plaza downtown. On Friday evening, the city lit the municipal Christmas tree there. It's two blocks from my office so I went over after work. A rather trim Santa listened to the wishes of children who had been through the face painting booth and were apparently exhausted by it. The MC was local radio personality Smash (given name Asher Benrubi, which doesn't sound very smashing), who has appeared on STL DPB before, working his other job. After the lights were switched on there was a good little fireworks show. Then the crowd headed up the street to event sponsor Macy's, where there were hot chocolate and low, low sale prices.

WHAT'S ON TONIGHT: ShadowyOne is coming over to print some pix from a one-year-old's birthday party she was commissioned to shoot. Coochie coo.

TOMORROW: da mayor an da chief.


There is a new Arch photo

today on GATEWAY.


2 comments:

Olivier said...

déjà noël qui se prépare, il va falloir que je fasse ma liste pour le père noël. Superbe photo avec le feu d'artifice.
Christmas already getting ready, he'll have me to make my list for Santa Claus. Superb picture with the fireworks.

Anonymous said...

I've lived here all my life and never knew they made such an event out of the Christmas tree.

I will need to add this to our agenda next year, if possible. Couldn't have made it this time, anyway.

Love the Kiener Plaza pic!