Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Paint Me A Cake

Henryk Ptasiewicz Cale Painting 2

I met the painter Henryk Ptasiewicz four years ago. I was taking pictures in Citygarden while he was making an open air watercolor. I asked if I could photograph him at work. He agreed and we've been friendly ever since.

It turns out that Henryk painted the STL250 cake in front of the Old Courthouse, seen in Sunday's post, and several others that are about to hit the street. And, he invited me over to the "cake factory" yesterday afternoon. In the first and second pictures, he's working on a piece for a Jewish congregation in the suburbs. Martin Luther King once stayed in their residence.

Further down, cakes for the Tivoli Theatre in University City with a Vincent Price theme and another for the airport.                              

Henryk Ptasiewicz Cake Painting 1

Henryk Ptasiewicz Vincent Price Cake

Henryk Ptasiewicz Airport Cake

9 comments:

Jilly said...

How fascinating. I particularly like the last one. Talented artist - talented photographer!

cieldequimper said...

Blooming marvellous.

I wonder what'll happen to the cakes in 2015. Will they be auctioned off?

Olivier said...

je sais maintenant ou commander mon prochain gateau d'anniversaire ;)

Pat said...

Definitely creative and low-cal, too. I like Vincent Price's 'signature'.

Luis Gomez said...

These are wonderful. Thank you Bob.

Birdman said...

BC, what are they built out of? Bet there is an interesting market for his work. Everybody is celebrating something.

Unknown said...

Henry is great! I went to the cake shop earlier this month to take photos since my company donated paint for the event and he was kind enough to pose for a few shots. Very talented!

William Kendall said...

He doess beautiful work!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Henry is a master at his craft Bob.. Such a shame to cut into these creations.