Monday, March 29, 2010

Art Appreciation

.
Out trolling for pictures on Saturday. I left my office and drove past Citygarden, intending to go to the river and check the flooding (more about which later). As I passed the corner of 8th and Market, I saw a painter at an easel making an image of my fav, Eros Bendato, and the surrounding cityscape.

This bore investigation. I parked the car and introduced myself to Henryk Ptasiewicz. He was born in the north of England to Polish parents and studied art in London. I was trying to stay out of the way of his work and did not learn how he came here. His artistic statement tells us that:
My style is realistic, it came about because of the influence of the Surrealists. If you can paint the real world, then you have a chance to illustrate another one. I liked to paint things which only existed in my mind.
You may enjoy seeing some of his work here. A bit more about Ptasiewicz tomorrow.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

la première photo est superbe, j'adore l'expression de la petite fille.

Virginia said...

These are great. She is giving him the eye isn't she! And my he's got a head of hair! Very cool portriat.
V

Brian Anderson said...

Go Henryk! Damn, he looks intense! Here is the finished painting: http://www.meetup.com/figuredrawing-110/photos/866472/13935797/

cieldequimper said...

I think the first one is going to be one of my alltime favourites.

T. Becque said...

You really captured natural expressions in each of these images - it's great to see.

Michael Anderson said...

Henryk P is an excellent painter. glad to see him here.