Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday Arch Series

.
Arch 2012-12-01 1

Taken last weekend when I was fooling around with HDRs and the Lensbaby. It's awfully late in the year to see leaves on trees. Mrs. C, the family botanist, says they are sassafras trees, which hold their leaves an unusually long time. This was taken in the courtyard of what we call the Old Cathedral, officially the Basilica of St. Louis, King (which is to say Louis IX of France).

An unhappy follow-up on yesterday's post: I noticed today that a second Toynbee/Hades tile has been stolen from downtown. It's the House of Hades tile at 7th and Olive, in front of Macy's. If I ever see these thieves at work I will take their picture and call the police. I'd like to see them in jail.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

Magnifique et superbe utilisation du Lensbaby, j'adore

Birdman said...

Such a very tranquil image today, Bob.

cieldequimper said...

Grand image. Don't get into trouble trying to catch thieves though...

William Kendall said...

I like that shot!

Kim said...

I really love this image, Bob. Keep working that Lensbaby!
-Kim

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Really like this one Bob, I've been thinking about getting a lensbaby , this shot has inspired me to go ahead with it.

Virginia said...

At first I thought I needed my glasses, then I realized I had them on and YOU had your lensbaby cranking. I love this B.
V

Unknown said...

Fabulous composition, Bob!