Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lime Green Vespa

Yesterday’s teaser for this picture was written in Italian because, well, it’s such a lovely language and there’s a Vespa in the photo. I don’t speak Italian myself. Just some useful tourist phrases. Dove sono i gabinetti, per favore?

I love the glowing color of the motorbike. It is often in this location in Forest Park on weekends when I am out taking pictures although I don't know who owns it. The Vespa sits in front of the pedestal of the statue of St. Louis, opposite the entrance to the art museum. The monument has the grandiose name The Apotheosis of St. Louis. I will have a picture of it here before too long.

By the way, I'm working on some series for upcoming posts, one of which will be outdoor sculpture. And not the heroic-but-stiff statues of old farts. We have some interesting stuff around here. The first one, to be published tomorrow, is the locally-famous Naked Truth. No kidding. That's what it's called.

TOMORROW: Naked Truth


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Vespa. A nice way to get around. Walking, of course, is nice too. Are you planning on a statue of David tomorrow? The naked post.

I posted information about codes that might interest you.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Bob Crowe said...

Abe - I'll have a look when I get to my office. I'm on my way out the door. Tomorrow's post isn't David, as in Florence. It a local work from 1913, dedicated to the publishers of a German language newspaper and it has a story to it. I better go finish writing the text. That's turning out to be as much fun as the pictures.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Need a picture of a Vespa with black and white faux snakeskin upholstery? Talk to Will.

Bob Crowe said...

That's a really good idea. Why don't you e-mail Will and see if he'd like to be in the blog? He da bomb.

Anonymous said...

the whole composition is suited for cover of coffee table book..absolutely love it!

Ben Nakagawa said...

Nice! Those little bike (Vespa, Lambletta) is very photogenic. Nice composition.

Anonymous said...

Great shot, unusual color, and I can't resist a photo of a Vespa. There's just something about them that is so cheerful and optimistic.

Blather From Brooklyn

Waldo Oiseau said...

Love this one!

Ming the Merciless said...

My fantasy is to tour south of Italy in a little vespa like this. I would be wearing my matching lime green helmet and sunglasses, and waving, "Ciao bella!!" to the people on the street. :-)