Sunday, February 2, 2020

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - CARDINALS FANS ARE EVERYWHERE


Back in the farmers market in Liberia, Costa Rica. I did not notice until I started editing photos that this man was wearing a St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap. As we walked by, I remember my eye being drawn to his shirt - it was in English and I tried to read it. Had I been more observant, I would have tried to engage him in my bad Spanish.

As it happened, one of the Cardinals' all time great players, Ozzie Smith, was on our flight from Miami to St. Louis Friday night. Ellie was wearing a bright red Cardinals tee shirt and we encouraged her to go shake his hand in the boarding area. She hid behind mom.         

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a fun discovery. You are probably so used to seeing those caps that it didn't even register.

William Kendall said...

I imagine Ozzie would have been entirely gracious.