Saturday, June 8, 2019

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - MAINE


Here we are in the most northeasterly state. Our neice's wedding tonight is at a splendid resort on the shore of Sebago Lake. It's pretty good sized. My whole family is here.

There was a lobster bake last night. I don't do lobster. The taste isn't good enough to me to be worth all the work and mess, but that is a minority opinion. 

American states all have a slogan. Missouri is the Show Me State, a phrase whose origins are a bit murky. Maine's is Vacationland. I've been here a number of times before, mostly to photography school, and I've always thought the motto should be More Than Enough Trees.         

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I've been in Maine the odd time. Beautiful landscapes there.

I dislike seafood, so I'd much rather have steak.

Sharon said...

Oh my, that lobster looks wonderful. However, I do admit, I prefer just dealing with the tail rather than the whole thing.

Pat said...

Lovely photos. I do do lobster!