Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday Morning, Paris


We finally made it. This is the scene outside our apartment on a cool, drizzly morning. I totally stole the composition idea in the top picture from Virginia, but she does it better. The one below is, I think, a shoe store for men with more money than sense. The shutters are still down but note that the tree on the right is smoking a cigarette.

My French cooties are slowly subsiding. Actually ate some dinner last night. The main problem now is the arthritis in my back, which gets much worse with dragging and lifting luggage. Really slowing me down sometimes. But we'll take it easier today and start with the Picasso museum, which is nearby.

And I'm stumbling along okay in French. They appreciate that I try.         


3 comments:

Kate said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better! Every little improvement is important so that you can enjoy your vacation. Did you call Peter for help in the health referring area? Glad that you are going to the Picasso Museum--so much fun!

William Kendall said...

Whimsical looking doors in that second shot.

Do you use luggage with wheels?

Sharon said...

Paris! What a great place to be! Enjoy your time there. Check out a concert at St. Chapelle. I haven't done a concert there but, Julie and Dave do it every time they are in Paris. I do make it St. Chapelle though. In fact, it's always one of first stops. I think it's one of the most beautiful structures on earth.