Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Live From New York, It's Monday Afternoon


I have so much material between the STL Theatre Crawl and this week in NYC that I don't know what to do. Go back and forth, I guess.

There are several interesting shows going on at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The blockbuster is Heavenly Bodies, couture from top French and Italian designers based on historical garments of the Catholic Church. Some large number of popes and cardinals are rolling over in their graves as I write this.  And so many more images from the show to edit whenever I find time.

Another is called Visitors To Versailles, about the vast numbers of common people, diplomats and nobility who came to the royal court during the reigns of Louis XIV, XV and XVI, along with what they found there. One of them, below, was Thomas Jefferson. At the bottom, Le Roi Soleil himself, Louis XIV.

Got to edit more Crawl stuff. A bit more in Manhattan Tuesday morning and then out to my sister's home in NJ in the afternoon.
   



No comments: