Saturday, May 18, 2013

I Like Ike

In The Capitol 1

Carolyn and I spent much of yesterday in the U.S. Capitol, home of the Senate and House of Representatives. I hadn't been there since childhood and it was her first visit.

Lots of good pix but I'm having trouble with my laptop. The trackpad isn't working right and I can't crop or drag so just one for today. More when we get home.

Each state gets two statues in the Capitol. This is the best-known of the pair from Kansas. Carolyn's home. Dwight Eisenhower, of course, was Supreme Allied Commander during World War II and president of the U.S. from 1953 to 1961. Our guide told us the statue was based on a photograph from the war years. The general was explaining to an enlisted man how he liked to tie a fishing fly.

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

That guard should change his pose and try to look like Eisenhower.

William Kendall said...

Ike was one of the best. Great general, and a great president. Amazing man.

I've got to re-read his Crusades In Europe....

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Ha! I like your composition here Bob, nice!