Monday, March 16, 2009

Portraits of St. Louis Artists - Christy Jones

.
A tree woman holding, oh, I don't know: birds? flowers? bath scrubs with blue ribbons? I was so busy fiddling with lighting a subject in a large, bright window (a part of photography in which I have very modest skills) that I forgot to ask about it, forgot, even, to ask the name of the work. (Dope slap.) Jones just told me that the title is Empty Nest. It's an awfully creative idea. You can't fool mother nature but you can fool me.

HOW MANY PICTURES I TOOK ON SUNDAY:
0. I spent most of the day catching up on day-job work and editing recent photos. HOW MANY PICTURES I TOOK SATURDAY AT THE ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE: 1,178. I swear, my right index finger is gonna fall off.


TOMORROW:
we interrupt this series of portraits for St. Patrick's Day with some Irish words of wisdom.

4 comments:

Olivier said...

beau portrait avec une composition originale
nice portrait with an original composition

Virginia said...

You did a great job with that exposure. I"ve tried and tried and my window is always blown out. More help needed. I like how the limb/arm is framing her. Another great Crowe portrait.

There might be medication available for your photographic OCD!

Bath scrubs!HAR
V

Stefan Jansson said...

What kind of art does she do, and yes it's a fine portrait.

PJ said...

Interesting idea to use fevvers to make her point. I like their blue tails, they must be getting ready to fly...The series is great.
I've been struggling with that concept, doing a series, it makes blogging a chore, trying to think of a new point of view each day but then again, it's good for the little grey cells. Still, you make it work. I'll have to think about it some more...